Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fathers & Sons...Mothers & Daughters

Benson and Daniel went on their first Father/Son Campout a couple weeks ago and it was all I heard about for days leading up to it.  The favorite library book of the week was some Mr. McGee's Camping Spree book that I really should have memorized by now.  But all the excitement meant no nap the day of the campout and a late night ahead of Benson.  I guess it all went great and it lived up to every expectation Benson had until it was time to go to sleep.  Benson and Dan stayed up until 11:30 tossing and turning, switching beds (sleeping bag on floor vs cot...Benson couldn't decide which he liked better), and listening to all the fun going on outside the tent.  Benson was so wound up that by 11:30 he was at a breaking point.  He decided he didn't want to sleep in the tent and he just wanted to sleep in his bed.  Lucky for Dan...his bed was 5 minutes away!  (It was a Stake Father/Son Campout on some property behind our church)  So, the boys left their tent and snuck home to sleep in their own beds and were back to the camp in time for breakfast the next morning.  Dan decided that was a pretty good way to camp...all-in-all a successful campout! 




Meanwhile, back at home...Spencer and I had our own fun reorganizing the kitchen!  I wish I had done it sooner but glad it's done now because come August I'll be a little busier around here with our new little GIRL!  I'm due the end of August and so far the pregnancy has been smooth!  We just have to survive the hot Houston summer!  We're really excited to have a little girl join our family and I'm especially excited that she's number 3.  I was number 3 in my family too and it's a good place to be!

2 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Congrats!! That is such exciting news!! So fun to have a girl join your family. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Kurt and Michelle said...

Oh Carrie I am so excited for you to get a girl! Yeah! Hope to see you guys soon!