Saturday, January 9, 2010

December

For Christmas card photos we put the digital camera on a card table in our backyard and set it to the timer setting. :) I wouldn't recommend this method! Benson found something interesting to look at in every direction, except towards the camera! We were finally able to get 1 picture with him looking in the right direction! This was the best we could come up with! I'll have someone take our photos next year! But do notice the tiny smidgen of snow on the fence--I thought it very appropriate to take advantage of the only day it snowed all year for our Christmas card photo! A Baptist church in the area puts on a drive-thru live re-enactment of the life of Christ at Christmas time. It was really good! They gave us hot chocolate and a candy cane at the entrance and we turned our radios to the station playing live music within the church. The cutest part was when the children's choir finished their song a little boy said loud and clear into the microphone, "Can I go to the bathroom yet?" I don't think they meant to put that on the radio! :) As we entered we were given a CD narrating the scenes. They started with Isaiah prophesying of Christ and went all the way through to His Ascension. They even had real Zebras and Camels, and the Guards to Bethlehem drove between the cars on horses. Really well done!




Happy 3rd Anniversary to us! Dan loves me--he told me in blocks! I love him too!


1 comment:

Alisa and Paul said...

Happy Anniversary.

By the way. I LOVE zebras ans camels. I am so glad you got to see them.