Sunday, October 20, 2013

Special Days

1st Day of School



1st Birthday

Poor Amy's first birthday fell on the day our sea shipment arrived, which meant that towards the end of the day Daniel sent me a text reminding me to wish her a happy birthday.  I confided in a neighbor girl who was helping with the kids while I was directing the show with the movers and the next thing I know I receive a text from her mother asking when she can bring a birthday cake over.  Do I deserve mother of the year or what?!  

I actually didn't completely forget her birthday.  We knew a few days in advance that it was move-in day and decided that getting a house full of goods would be a pretty good birthday present for her and we'd make sure she had her cake a few days later when we were unpacked and could have a proper celebration.  We still didn't have a kitchen table and chairs so we're celebrating on the floor, but the kids thought that was great!  A picnic party!

We love this little girl!  She brings so much joy into our home!  Thanks for rolling with the punches Amy. You're a trooper!

Heading out to Father Son Campout at the Embassy Dacha

I don't know much about their adventure except that Dan reported it "a success."  They apparently played hard, ate well, and slept well despite the rain.  Spencer did manage to get his first tick bite...in a region with tick-born encephalitis.  That caused a few days of anxiety after the campout, but the campout itself was a great success and Spencer is a healthy boy!
Bike and scooter riding

A neighbor returning to the states left their balance bike behind for our boys.  Within the first few days Benson was riding it like a pro!  I love those things!
 A taste of Russia and a taste of home...Russian Honey Cakes and Krispy Kreme Donuts!



No comments: